[oletrucks] RE: Truck Cover

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Truck Cover
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:57:06 -0700
I've bought three or four from carcoversdirect.com over the past 10 years.
Haven't bought one for the pickup as it's not painted yet, but the others
have held well. I've ordered the 'Noah' material each time. Not their most
expensive, possibly not second most expensive.

As my one garage is full of tools everything sits outside. The Noah
generally keeps everything out and allows any moister that gets through to
evaporate. Two things to note:

1: you have to wash them to keep the material functional. I just got my old
bmw back from my sister, who had it for ~ 9 months. The Noah cover allows
silt size things through now. Washing it once or twice will get it back to
new, but be sure to call them EVERY time you wash it. Apparently they
require very specific chemicals in the wash. They have changed their
recommended wash additive three or four times in the past 10 years due to
those manufacturers reformulating their chemical mix.

2: carcoversdirect has resolved every problem I've had. Only a couple
problems over the years, but they seem to be there to do whatever it takes.

I've thought of asking them how much a cover for my fire truck would run,
but figure I could probably buy an old Army tent for that much so haven't
asked.

The car covers have been about $200. OTOH how long until the garage is
ready?