Re: [oletrucks] Air Compressors

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Air Compressors
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:58:45 -0800
I did a compressor search a couple of years ago when I bought my
blasting cabinet and the best recommendation I received, repeatedly, was
to go to this site and buy the compressor from them

http://www.eatoncompressor.com/page/page/504747.htm

I compared them with what Sears, Lowes, and Grainger offered and found
that the Eaton's were just a little more expensive for the same 'power'.
And the parts they used were very high quality. Eaton says so, however
multiple listers here and on other lists agreed after reading the specs
of the compressors there.

The Eaton's are also pretty quiet. Low RPM's help there.

After buying the blast cabinet I found my piddly 3.5 hp/dual stage
would not do the job with anything larger than a needle sized bit.
However I've had to wait until now to be able to afford to upgrade the
electrical service in my house to allow a larger compressor to operate.
Hopefully, in a few months I'll have a 10 hp single phase Eaton or
better chugging along happily in the garage. Then to start in on years
of blasting... :]

good luck

      Paul