Re: [oletrucks] SS Trim Polish

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] SS Trim Polish
From: "Rebus Knebus" <jonkunkel@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 13:08:49 -0700
Jim,

Do you have a bench grinder?  If so go and buy add-on buffing wheels.  You
will need the white rouge compound for SS.  But I also recommend using the
Blue Rouge.

I have adapted an old dryer motor for buffing and use a 10" wheel as I help
in my wife's hobby of collecting old metal items (brass, chrome, copper,
etc..  I used a piece of round stock with pillow blocks and a fan belt with
an adjuster to keep the belt snug, so I can buff to my heart's content.
Anything to make her happy as she will help me with work on my truck as
well.

WHITE ROUGE BAR:  This compound will cut lightly, bringing most harder
metals to a brilliant shine. Designed for polishing chrome and nickel plate,
stainless steel and ordinary steels.

BLUE ROUGE BAR:  This compound is a drier, less greasy version, of what is
commonly known as jeweler's rouge. It had no cutting action, and can
therefore be used on thin gold and silver plates without damage. It is ideal
for bringing up an extremely high quality polish on you finest pieces. It is
also the perfect compound for polishing Bakelite. Ideal for use after the
white bar.

Jon