Re: [oletrucks] AD parking brake spring

To: "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD parking brake spring
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:56:55 -0800
Hi Mark,
I looked under our 49 and there indeed is a extension from the tab on the
actuator cross bar to the spring. The extension appears to be .120" (.125 1/8")
with "U" shaped bends in the same direction, 9" length between bends.
The other end of the spring is indeed hooked to a hole in the crossmember.
Far as I know this is original, as it was there when we aquirred the truck in
the late 80's.
I can try to crawl under far enough to get a photo if you really need it, but
not
until the predicted sunshine warms the concrete a little :)
Bob

>In setting up my parking brake, in my '55 1st 3100.  Does the spring for the
>parking brake go from the tab on the parking brake rod (running under the cab)
>to the hole in the crossmember right behind the cab close to the parking brake
>cross shaft?  My spring seems way to short.  My shop manual and my factory
>assembly manual don't show my set up.  I have  foot operated parking brake and
>all they show are the hand activated parking brakes.  Is there a spring
>extender, that I've lost?  My spring looks to be about 6 inches of coil with
>about four inches of hook on each end.  It looks like the spring needs to
>stretch about 12 inches.  That doesn't seem right.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net