[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2108

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2108
From: "RANDALL WICKHAM" <rbwickham@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:44:43 -0500
The transmission is probably a Turbo 350 because the Olds diesel wouldn't
make enough power to warrant a Turbo 400.

A small-block Olds (260-403) gas engine will bolt right in place of the Olds
diesel in your friends truck.  The only consideration would be that he would
now need an ignition system.  Actually an Olds 455 would bolt right in as
well, but then he would have to also consider his existing radiator size.

The transmission bell-housing for Buick/Olds/Pontiac/Cadillac have different
bolt patterns than Chev/GMC, unless you happen to have a Turbo 200-4R, which
often have a dual pattern.

Make sure to thoroughly clean out the fuel tank and lines, too.

>>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:44:35 -0800
>From: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] Off topic swap
>
>I have a friend who wants to swap out the 6.2 liter diesel (with a cracked
>head) in his 1983 GMC 4WD.  He'd like to convert to a small block gas 350.
>
>Would he need a GMC motor to match up to the tranny or would a Chevy 350 be
>okay?  The tranny is an automatic, probably a Turbo 350 or 400.  The truck
>is in great shape except for the engine, and is worth sinking some money
>into.
>
>Thanks
>
>Harry
>1955 AD Chevy
>Reno, NV

Has one of the new viruses infected your computer?  Find out with a FREE
online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!