Re: [oletrucks] Hole repair in stepside bedsides

To: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>, "Mark Self"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hole repair in stepside bedsides
From: "K. M. Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:52:37 -0700
HI
Steve is right, you need to talk to a welder. I assume your talking bolt
size holes, which I have welded many with a gas torch, but inert gas welding
works even better. After welding use a backup dolly and body hammer to
relieve shrinkage tensions and then grind flush with a high speed dick
sander. to smooth up any inperfections I use urethane glazing putty.
Lee