[oletrucks] Hole repair in stepside bedsides

Subject: [oletrucks] Hole repair in stepside bedsides
From: "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:45:17 -0700
My bedsides have multiple holes drilled in them, for tiedown hooks.
Since both sides of the metal are visible, what's the procedure for
filling these holes.  I talked to a couple of welders, they think that
the heat from welding will distort the metal too much.  Is there a
non-welding method?  I'm planning on doing the inside of the bedsides
with Herculiner, if that helps.  What method of welding would work?  I
see guys in the magazines welding holes like this, and they don't seem
to be having any trouble.  Am I talking to the wrong welders?