Re: [oletrucks] 56 Chevy 6500

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 56 Chevy 6500
From: jrdorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:50:38 -0500
Russell,
I am assuming that you followed the instructions for bleeding a hydrovac
system, and not those for a smaller truck. If not let me know and I'll
get a copy of the procedure for you.

Other than that I would suggest checking the shoe adjustment. that can
be tricky on the bigger trucks as some have an adjuster for each shoe,
and both have to be close. I have found the easiest way is to run them
out one at a time until the wheel has heavy drag tham back off until you
can just hear it scrape a little, than do the other adjuster on the same
wheel that way. It's a pain but it should eliminate low pedal.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula FL