Re: [oletrucks] those kids and their hot rods

To: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] those kids and their hot rods
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:40:46 -0600
The reason you won't get a settlement (or will get far less than what you
expect or even what it will take to fix it) is because the insurance
appraiser will declare the vehicle "totaled" for a lot less than what you
may even be able to "prove" that it is worth.

Been there, had it done to me.  The only part that you can expect to
"leverage", is how much medical you can claim (or get them to pay you to
sign a liability release).  Usually $500-$1000 before they'll want you to
submit bills.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com