Re: [oletrucks] has anyone done this?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] has anyone done this?
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:58:50 -0500
As opposed to using a Blazer or S10,

It occurred to me the other day.  I was driving up my driveway and
the 57 3200 was sitting next to my 96 Suburban, both pointed straight
at me.  Both were about the same track width, overall width, and
overall height.

I've heard of some people swapping a TF truck onto a new full size
Chevy frame.  The body swap itself looks fairly straightforward.
The wiring would be something else, though, with the computer and
stuff on the '96.  The bundle of wires going through the firewall
on the 96 must be two inches in diameter.  No idea where they all
go inside, though I suspect many are for things like lights and radios
that the 57 just doesn't have, and others are for things that could
be modified on the 57.  The '96 computer sits in the hood area.

Just dreaming,  Anyone done this for real?

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

At Sunday, 20 October 2002, you wrote:

>I just picked up my "new" 1955 Chevy 1/2 ton.  it`s frame is bent
and pretty
>much everything would need to be replaced.  Worst part is it`s missing
it`s
>serial number.  Can`t insure it without this as it`s out of a field
so no
>paper trail.  The body has some rust spots in the obvious places.
>back-corners of cab, cab floor at some spots, above headlights.
Hinges are
>good, doors seem quite good as does the box, hood and the fenders.
So I`m
>thinking, I could purchase a Blazer or S-10 or something similar,
add the 55
>body to it, and register it as a modified Blazer, using the blazer`s
serial
>number.  Has anyone had to do this?  I figure if everything about
the truck
>is from the blazer except the "shell", it would still be a blazer.
assuming