Re: [oletrucks] motor and tranny

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] motor and tranny
From: "Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:58:06 -0400
Hi John,
Unless it's your Grandfather's truck or close to free, why bother starting
with a truck that rough?  There are lots of  TF trucks for sale that are
"drivers" or better.  The money you spend trying to fix that truck will be
WAY more than the cost of buying one "turn key".

Good Cabs are $500+
Good Fenders are $250+ each
Good Doors are $350+ each

Used Mechanical stuff is easy to get, the BIG money is in the sheet metal.
Around here (Mid-Atlantic States) that truck might be worth $500 as a parts
truck, "IF" it runs and you can use the driveline.

Food for thought!!  My 2 cents!

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, MD