Re: [oletrucks] to 235 or not to 235

To: <capt2th@tehama.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] to 235 or not to 235
From: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:53:35 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Truck with Hydromatic is fairly rare. And YES, it won't be the same with =
V-8
and you would become a "Hacker" then, HA!=0D
=0D
=0D
G. L. Grumpy's=0D
Old Iron Ranch=0D
Big Chevy AD trucks and COE's =0D
MM Tractors=0D
glperry@fwi.com=0D
Huntington, IN 46750=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
=0D
From: Paul Moon=0D
Date: Thursday, October 03, 2002 21:09:12=0D
To: Oletrucks=0D
Subject: [oletrucks] to 235 or not to 235=0D
=0D
I have my grandfather's old 55 2nd series. It was suggested to me that I=0D
replace the engine, tranny and rear end. I wanted to keep the truck as I=0D
remembered it as a kid. So I have the 235, hydromatic and only changed th=
e=0D
gear ratio on the rear end.=0D
=0D
As it turns out, it would have been much cheaper to have bought a crate=0D
corvette engine, 350 transmission and a Ford 9" rear end. Believe me, a=0D
real trick rebuild of the 235 can cost a few bucks. Admittedly, I added=0D
extras.=0D
=0D
Paul=0D
of Red Bluff CA=0D
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959=0D
=0D
=2E

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/gif]