[oletrucks] Adjusting valves

To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Adjusting valves
From: "Rob J." <rjjmsj@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:02:39 -0800
I know I should know this, but need a refresher. How do I adjust the rocker
arms to set my valves on my '58 235?  I know I need to get them when each
piston is at its own TDC, but don't remember how to find it for any but #1.  I
can find TDC for #1, but don't remember how to take it from there.  I know I
will set them initially when cold to get close, and then bring engine to
operating temp, and adjust them to hot while the engine is running.  So, can
anyone give me a refresher in valve adjusting 101?  OH, yeah...I have solid
lifters.

Thanks,

Rob

My Zen Moment for the Day:  Always remember, you're unique!  Just like
everyone else.