[oletrucks] (no subject)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] (no subject)
From: NSurles@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:46:30 EST
<have any of you adapted a late model truck or SUV bumper to the rear of a
3100 short bed Task Force pick up?

Hi Bob,

Many years ago I purchased a stepside "step bumper" from the local Chevy
dealer.  It was about 1983, so I think it was for a Chevy truck around that
era.  I'm sorry I don't have any other documentation or recollection to
narrow it down.

The surprising thing to me was how easy it was to install.  The brackets that
came with the bumper fit very well.  I bolted the brackets to the bumper and
held the bumper up to the frame with a jack.  I then leveled it up, got the
spacing where I wanted it and marked the holes.  Just drilled the brackets to
fit the existing holes in the frame and bolted it right up.

I never measured them, but the spacing on the frame width must be very close
for that era.  That makes me think with a little searching and measuring, you
could buy a bumper to fit.

Hope this helps.

Sonny
55 2nd