Re: [oletrucks] compressed air

To: rwelch@mail.bartnet.net, teftom@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] compressed air
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:53:53
Bob et al.

Using large diameter (2 inch) galvanized for the main line is OK (good for
storage and less friction loss and relatively cheap compared to 2 inch
copper) and I can see why you would want to use sweated copper for the drops
(less leaks).  My suggestion would be to isolate the copper drops from the
steel to eliminate internal corrosion of the steel.  Dissimilar metals are
known for their accelerated corrosion thus isolation is necessary unless you
want to have drop lines clogged with rust in a few years.  Copper has an
excess of free electrons and will always be sending those trons to visit the
steel connections.  Corrosion never sleeps!

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window