Re: [oletrucks] suspension

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] suspension
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 14:47:27 -0700
> Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:01:44 EDT
> From: TIMBOGT@cs.com
> Subject: [oletrucks] suspension
>
>  I just installed a a hub to hub kit in my 41 chevy from fat man
> fabrications. I like it. Everyone kept telling me to get one of those sub
> frames from a camero ....NOT. I didn't have to chop my frame , the cross
> member they supplied fit right into place with very little triming. In my
> opinion, its the way to go. I decided when I first started this project, I
> was gonna do it right the first time. I think I did with there hub to hub
> kit. The only downfall was the price. It set me back 1800 bucks, but I think
> it was worth it. I'm not scouring the junk yards for months looking for
> parts.
>
> Tim
> 41 chevy

Tim--

On a 41, I agree that the route you chose is probably the best way to
go.  On the later trucks, especially 55-59 TF trucks, the Camaro front
fits better than it does on 41s, and is a reasonable way to go if a
person has the time, and ability, to do the job.  And it would save
about half the cost (assuming one rebuilds everything).

Sounds like you're making good progress on your truck!

Jim