Re: [oletrucks] trans removal

To: ADvent@thuntek.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] trans removal
From: "Alan D. Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 16:59:51 -0700
I should let the restorer guru's explain, but here's what I found when I took
my truck
apart.
There's a "ball & socket" assembly at the rear of the trans. It's held together
with a
retaining ring and 4 bolts. Undo the ring and slide the retainer back over the
driveshaft
tube. There is a threaded collar on the tube. Unscrew that and the whole
assembly should
slide back far enough to get at the u-joint. Undo the u-joint, pull it out, and
you now
should be able to get the transmission out.
How's that for a rodders description? *G*

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles