Re: [oletrucks] need a measurement on a TF

To: kvdurand@mail.esc4.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] need a measurement on a TF
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:13:28 EST
In a message dated 12/31/99 7:24:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kvdurand@mail.esc4.com writes:

> I need someone with a TF, preferably a half ton, to measure the distance
>  from the axle to the frame or the axle to the bumpstop. I don't have enough
>  weight over the rear wheels to know where the rear will sit yet, and I am
>  working on setting up the drivetrain.
>  Have a happy new year, and hopefully this list will still work tomorrow.

  Are you looking for the stock rear angle?  I'm pulling my stock rear from
my '59 in the morning and will need to measure it (pinion angle) before
putting on the pads on my install rearend.

  I could get the measurements for what you want, but they'd vary from truck
to truck depending on spring sag, infact my driversdie sits about 1 inch
lower than the passenger side, so the measurements would only be an
approximation at best.

Mike