Re: [oletrucks] What rear is it (part number)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] What rear is it (part number)
From: Jeff Davis <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 16:09:33 PDT
Hi All,

     I'm looking to pick the brains of all the gear heads out there. I've
got a fresh 350 bored .030 over,350 turbo tranny, 65cc heads 1.95 intake and
1.5 exhaust.The rearend is a .373 posi., with disc brakes. I'm looking to
make a daily driver out of this and would like decent gas milage (15 mpg +
would be nice)but would also like some neck snapping acceleration. So heres
my questions.

     What carb.?
     What cam.?
     What intake?

     I'm told that chevy made a 350 with 350 horsepower in the '60s and that
by using this same cam , this would increase my hp but I'm not sure how you
"match" the above components.
     Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in ADvance.

Jeff Davis
'51 custom