[oletrucks] fuel economy?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] fuel economy?
From: "Samuel Quincy" <samuelquincy@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:12:04 PDT
I've got a 59 Chevy Apache 1/2 ton, 235 stock.  It's a daily driver and I've
been driving it for about a year and a half, though I had the engine
remanufactured in November (would have loved to do it myself but was not
excited about doing a rebuild on the street in LA!).  My question though is
about fuel economy.  I really don't know what I should be aiming for, though
I have a sense it should be higher than the 10mpg that I get in the city.
I'm thinking about getting over to a shop with a dynomometer to fine tune
it.  I don't do any heavy hauling to speak of with it.  Any of you all's
suggestions or comments as to what I could do to amp up the economy factor
would be real welcome.  Thanks--
Sam Quincy