[oletrucks] question about wax...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] question about wax...
From: thistle@midcoast.com (Kathy Bray)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 15:54:54 -0400
While driving around in "Old Bess" the other day, I ran into a guy that
told me a good way to get a shiny finish without repainting (my truck has
quite a bit of *orange-peel* to the many layers of black paint and I want
to drive her this summer...not paint!!) is to wet-sand with 600 grit paper
(just enough to get rid of the *orange-peel* and smooth the surface) and
then wax with a good quality wax to bring back the shine and fill in the
scratches. Has anyone ever tried this? What type of wax would be the best
to use?

Hey...I just wanna to get the rest of her looking as nice as her new,
varnished white ash sideboards!!! :-)

Thanks.

Kathy Bray
and "Old Bess" '52 3100