Re: [oletrucks] Re: Purchacing Classic Chevys

To: "Paul W. Franchina" <pfoxtrot@gate.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Purchacing Classic Chevys
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 08:52:02 -0700
Contact your local DMV/Motor Vehicle Division and see what there procedure
is.  Most of the time it will require the property owner to post notice in
the local paper and hold a "Sheriff's Sale" or some version of one.  After
the sale the state will allow a new title to be issued (this is Montana,
Nevada, and ?).  The notice is required so that the owner is "notified"
that his/her property is going to be sold and if he wants it back he/she
had better come get it.  I have had to do it twice, it isn't as bad as it
sounds.  Good luck with it.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

> From: Paul W. Franchina <pfoxtrot@gate.net>