Re: [oletrucks] Help, and an update...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help, and an update...
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:11:36 -0800
> And an Update!!!!!! - It apears that the VDO guage kit that I got for the
> "Green Beast"  is not going to be all that hard to put in, I have decided to
> pull a few boards out of the bed so as to get to the gas tank easier the
> sending unit that came with the kit seems to be just the right size for the
> hole in the top of my tank!! :^) !!
>
> I love the cockpit white set that I recieved from United Speedo.
> TIA
> Casey
> '47-2 Thriftmaster

Hi Casey,

        If your sending unit actually fits in the stock hole, please tell me
how! I have a VDO set of Series I gauges in my '48, and there was no way
the sending unit would fit. We're going to pull the tank, steam it out,
and weld in a new piece of metal to put the sending unit into.
        As for mounting your gauges, check my website out. There is a pic of my
gauges, mounted in the original '48 bezels, and all 4 of the small ones
fit, although tightly. I can give you the details on how I did it if
you'd like. BTW...in the final version the two sides are reversed from
what you see in the pic. Speedo is now on the right. With all the wires
and stuff they wouldn't fit the way I had first tried it.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles