Re: [oletrucks] Need advice

To: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>, Terry <ace0027@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need advice
From: jvanho01@tir.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 20:00:52 -0500
I have the exact same unit and also the same regret at not purchasing a 2
stage.  It does a good job on sandblasting but runs almost continuously.
It gets a break and catches up because I need a break at about the same
time that it is getting low on pressure.  Doing small parts is not a
problem because I am starting and starting enough for it to keep up.  If
you can afford it buy a 2 stage.  My single stage is only a few months old
and I would sell it at close to my cost to anyone interested so that I
could go ahead and spend the money for a 2 stage.  I am located in Michigan.

At 08:02 AM 3/23/99 Tuesday -0500, Grant Galbraith wrote:
>I bought a 6 horse Cambell Housefeild that really seems to stand up to abuse
>well, never a problem in 4 years. I say abuse because my mistake was not
>getting a 2 stage. It's really not big enough for sandblasting and even runs
>continuously when using air tools.
>
>Grant
>
>Terry wrote:
>
>>     Let me start by saying "I'm sorry"
>>
>>     About a year ago I defended on a thread about compressors, my Craftsman
>> oilless. Boy was I wrong! This weekend it had a totall melt down for the
>> third time! This time the repairs and parts will be over 200.00.
>>     The thing is headed for the dump, and I was wondering if anybody would
>> care to suggest a replacement?
>>     I want the same size, 6 hourse - 60 gal, upright.
>>
>>     Also I have lost and need again the Phone number to get the Chevrolet
>> restoration package.
>>
>>     Thanks!
>>     Terry & Ace
>>     IDOXLR8
>>
>> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

Jim V. - '58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup V8 Automatic