Re: [oletrucks] Stabilizer bars for 56 GMC?

To: lakek@oit.edu, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stabilizer bars for 56 GMC?
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 05:52:29 EST
I have these stabilizers on my 55 first Chev NAPCO 3/4 ton.  I didn't know
what they were called.
Bob ADler

In a message dated 03/13/99 11:18:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, lakek@oit.edu
writes:

<< does anybody know where I can find
 a set of the "Kudu Stabilizers" that GMC put on nearly all of their 56
 trucks?  I have a couple of advertisements that show these bars, but I have
 never seen them installed on a truck.  They were supposedly "standard
 equipment" on all 1/2-ton through 1-1/2-ton trucks.  They ran from the top
 of the cowl (directly under the hood) down to the frame.  They were
 supposed to help "stabilize" the cab on the frame.  I guess that they
 worked, but most people pulled them out because they made it virtually
 impossible to get to the engine.  >>