newsletters

Re: Permission to reprint

To: Jaral48462@aol.com
Subject: Re: Permission to reprint
From: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:47:51 -0800
Ron,
While I'm unaware of policies at Autoweek, we recently discovered that
permission isn't always granted by publications, and some are not
pleased  by the exposure of using their credited material. Our Club
swaps ads with British Car magazine. Our Editor has been sending them
complimentary copies of our newsletter. When the magazine ran a 1 page
article on Morgan cars recently, our Editor ran this credited article,
without permission. Error! Had he asked for permission, it would not be
granted! Their policy is not to grant permission to reprint any of their
material! We had to print an apology, refrain from this behaviour in the
future, yadda, yadda. The only legal thing you can do with this
particular publication is "the brief quotes" that are allowed by
copyright law, and of course, to steer your readership towards articles
of interest, so that they purchase the quoted publication! Future
law-breakers consider yourselves warned!

Cheers! (This entire email may be used & abused without penalty!)
--
Fred Kuzyk
President, Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada

Visit the Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada's website at:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/msccc