newsletters

Re: U.S. postage stamps

To: Janet Berry <jberry@comp.uark.edu>
Subject: Re: U.S. postage stamps
From: Doug Auburg <dauburg@worldaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 19:43:08 -0700
I agree, though I have a few thoughts to add.  The old Post Office Dept. is
apparently working to make things less convenient for us "little
mailers".  Rates have just gone up for mailings where you don't have 125 in
a single 3 diget ZIP code to get the really good rates.  Also, the bulk rate
covers up to 3 oz., rather than the one for 1st class so there is a lot more
room to cover the standard newsletter without worrying about exceeding the
approx. 6 sheets of bond making an ounce.  Another tip when you're a little
under the required 200 count:  mail several to yourself or a few to each
officer or a few to "loyal" Brit. car businesses with the hope that they'll
put them in their waiting room and maybe you'll get some new members as a
result.  The PO doesn't care if multiple copies go to the same address as
long as you have the minimum 200 mailing.  The PO offers free classes in
bulk mailing to help novices through the confusing processes they've set up.
Check with your local PO that accepts bulk mailings.
Doug Auburg
Austin Healey Club of Oregon