RE: 1275 engine installation details

To: "'David Kernberger'" <dkern@napanet.net>, "'Morris'"
Subject: RE: 1275 engine installation details
From: "Paul Van Wig" <pvanwig@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:14:58 -0700
Yes the original flywheel, clutch and the transmission it's stronger. The
Morris engine bay is shorter so you want to change out the motor front cover
to a no vented type but you will need extra venting either from the same
cover or drill and tap the fuel pump boss. Also you will need the pulleys
from the Morris and the fan or modify the plastic 6 blade fan for a closer
fit. I've never tried any of the after market fans. Also I slot the Radiator
mount holes to move the radiator forward a little. Every little bit counts.
The front cover of the trans needs to come from the Morris with a little
millwork modification. Paul Asgeirsson A Morris Service can help with that
as well as his clutch linkage modification. A 1275 will make a Minor get out
of its own way nicely. But I prefer the Datsun swap with the trans complete.
1500cc and a five speed! Or you can put a five speed behind the 1275. Have
fun.

Paul Van Wig
Long Beach, CA
60 Bugeye