Re: Merry Christmas

To: cookies@shawneelink.com
Subject: Re: Merry Christmas
From: MorrisMinor1000@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 00:05:58 EST
In a message dated 12/22/2004 9:32:06 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cookies@shawneelink.com writes:

I know  you had mentioned something about writing a story or article about it
 for
the Minor Monthly but I wasn't sure you were still interested in doing  it,
and I didn't want to pressure you so that brings us to the  present.

Dear Jerry:

Merry Christmas!

No matter what I do, Morris Minors seemed to be an irrevocable part  of my
life?
This year has been the true test of Love....

I have 9 published articles and 5 or 6 photo essays, some have  been
reprinted several times in club newsletters....
A sort of Zen and the Art of Morris Minor Maintenance as it  were.

I started the beginning of this year with an idea for an article...  A What
if fiction...

What if I made a New Years Resolution to give All that is  Morris up forever?

I thought it would be humorous so I started looking at my life  and how
tangled up I had become with Morris and things of  Morri...

What a huge investment I have in years , things, people, writing  & Toys.

I had opened Pandora's Box in my Mind...

Could I give up Morris Minors big and small, the parts, the  magazines, the
car shows, the People?

What a giant hole I would tear in the Space Time Continuum at least  for me...

Then my favorite Morris Coupe went down and  took my  friendship of 14 years
with my British mechanic Nigel...

I also sold my Traveler and was left with 3 Morris Minors and  although I had
bought my Red convertible pickup back that I had missed so dearly  which I
had to sell a few years earlier, I was thinking lets do  it if for any no other
reason  than to see if it were fate or did I have a  choice in this whole
Morris thing?

There is the war. I know, what does that have to do with  it?
In my perfect World I have a hard time enjoying The Flealick (See  Pig 2 the
movie) existence I feel when I drive my Morris.

There are my Bicycles...
I get the same kick from my Vintage bikes as my  Morri...

I found the biggest problem I had was  "ME" trying to make  sense of it all,
instead of Just Enjoying them....

I can't really explain why I LOVE My Morris  Minoring....

And my New years Resolution this year is to go forward and  enjoy what comes,
oh and by the way I just committed to buy an old 1956 Traveler  that needs
complete wood. I get it some time in January...

Am I still interested in your Cool Van and All the neat work you  have done?
You Bet YA!

Merry Christmas
Happy New Year

Your  Morris Friend:
Randolph Williams
_Click here to see what left of my web  site_
(http://members.aol.com/dolphnx)

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Randolph300-60%.jpg]