Re: Blown 948 Dyno Testing results

To: Dean Hedin <dlh2001@comcast.net>, morris@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Blown 948 Dyno Testing results
From: Kevin Wayne Williams <kww@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:32:13 -0800
At 01:47 AM 2/22/2004 +0000, Dean Hedin wrote:

>Thanks for posting the timing you found optimal.   I am curious, are you
>running with the vaccum advance connected?  Also, what kind of boost are you
>getting out of the Shorrock?

I get about 5 pounds boost. I could go higher, but we are talking a 948
block here. Everything is mild: stock cam, late  (larger) 948 valves, 8:1
compression, .40 over pistons. I run with the vacuum advance disconnected,
and the advance limit bushing supplied by Jon Peck in his kit. With the
exception of running a HIF44 instead of an H4 carb, it's just like the
Shorrocks kit that you could have bought new with the truck.

I am strongly considering putting in a stiffer piston spring. My gut is
telling me that the lean-out and flat spot is caused by the piston rising
too fast.

KWW