Re: [MorrisMinors] Two-door body panels mix/match

To: morrisminors@smartgroups.com
Subject: Re: [MorrisMinors] Two-door body panels mix/match
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:03:24 -0800
Gang,

I have not built a car for over ten years but, in the old days, I found
that it was harder to fit 1967 wings to the earlier cars.  We only got
Monirs in the US in any quantity up 'till late 1961 and they were not
commercially imported again until 1967 and then were withdrawn again in
1968 because they couldn't pass us smog and safety laws (side beams in
doors, etc).  Most of the cars in the wreckers (breakers) yards were
damaged 1967s in the early 1970s so that was usually what we had to work
with. I found the same problem with the new replacement panels that came
from the UK after about 1986. They just seemes shorter.  when you lined up
the crack with the door, it was hard to match the curve at the front of the
bonnet.

There was a time in San Francisco when club members were stockpiling decent
1955 - 1962 wings, grilles  and bonnets. In those days MOAC had well over
300 members and most of us used our cars daily and wings got pranged in
traffic all of the time. The good ol' days.

Boy. I'm starting to sound like an old git!

OK, who said thay I always sounded that way . . . . ?

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice Beach, CA