Re: Fuel Pump Question

To: wct@olg.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Question
From: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:30:56 -0700
Hi Bill,

I've long since dispensed with the idea of keeping an SU or an SU look alike as
fuel pump located in the engine compartment on the firewall.  It's a lousy
environment with the fuel line close to the exhaust and the fuel pump forced to
suck hot fuel up hill.  Translates to vapor lock!

I mount all of the Morris fuel pumps underneath the car close to the fuel tank
and then they are in a lot cooler area and they become pushers.  Read that as
serious reduction of vapor lock.  Also use the small square low pressure one
that
solid state.  If you feel that you must keep a fuel pump in the engine
compartment for "originality" sake, just take out the valves, unhook the wire
and
leave it there with the new one back by the gas tank.

You may also have some plugged fuel filters if this pump can't keep up with the
fuel need.  Do you have an Allison V-12 by any chance in the engine bay?  LOL!

Later, Paul A