RE: Honda Powered Morris??????

To: <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Honda Powered Morris??????
From: "Robert Lilley" <lilley@eclipse.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:01:01 -0500
Well lets see now, I own a 2002 Honda S2000 and a 1954 Morris Minor
convertible - if I put 'em alone in the garage together, what do you think
I'd get?  Imagine a Moggie red lining at 8,500 - 9,000 rpms!   What torque?
Seriously - the moggie is great at slow speeds - lots of torque, but it's
got the pick up of a lawn tractor.  Of course this is mainly the gearbox and
diff.  On the other hand the Honda is a dog at low speeds - have to keep the
revs up to get any torque at all and that's not easy in the 25 mph range.
The Morris has a 1275cc engine; an 803 smoothcase and I think it has
something like a 4.33 differential.  The S2000 has a 2000cc VTEC motorcycle
inspired engine in it!

Rob