Re: Honda Powered Morris??????

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honda Powered Morris??????
From: Kevin Wayne Williams <kww@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 10:29:20 -0800
At 12:37 PM 3/4/2002 -0800, Rich Feibusch wrote:
>Listers,
>I have been told that most motorcycle engines are designed for getting to
>high revs fast on a light vehicle rather than being engineered for torque
>and getting a heavier vehicle up to speed as fast as possible - SO -
>motorcycle engines are probably not the answer for any car/driver over 1000
>pounds. (Rich Feibusch)

Normally, I think you are right. The Goldwing would seem to be an
exception. 1100cc is one HELL of a big bike motor, and isn't quite the
buzz-bomb that most bike motors are. If the 1100cc four won't do, the
1600cc boxer 6 certainly would.

It is reasonably likely that you would want to reprofile the cam to
emphasize bottom-end torque a bit, but I don't think the concept is a scrap
job.

KWW