Re: [MorrisMinors] Seats for a series MM

To: morrisminors@smartgroups.com
Subject: Re: [MorrisMinors] Seats for a series MM
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:07:16 -0800 (PST)
I am 6'2" or 188cm tall.  I find that I would like to be a little bit lower
to the floor.  The passenger seat is a bit overstuffed, but mostly, since
my car is a daily driver, I need a little safer seat...one with a head
rest, in case me lil Morrie has a fight with a SUV.  I have no doubt that
the SUV would be demolished, but I am afraid of whiplash without the newer
seats.  Anyone had any experience using the Newton Commercial seats in
place of the series MM seats.

John in Oregon, USA
<welte5@easystreet.com>

John,
The seating position situation is easily solved by using 1964 - 67 seats
bolted into the rearmost position - you will fit well but there will by
little room in the back seat for legs. In my experience, he more modern
seates with headrests seem to be quite a bit "thicker" in the seatback and
with a tall driver make the rear seat unusable.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA