Re: New Member..probably an old question though

To: Chris Burdo <cburdo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Member..probably an old question though
From: Nelson & Linda Warner <lnwarner@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:32:23 -0400
Chris,

> My friend and I are in the process of restoring a 63' +4,(with the
> useless rear seat..;-)).

Are you speaking of a 4 seater? If so,  I can help, I've owned a '61
4seater for many years and spent 5 years rebuilding it. I'm only about
25 miles from "The Rose City".
My seats are held in place with 2 threaded rods, 2 nuts and 2 large
fender washers under the floor, that pass through the floor and a 1"
wide metal plate, lock washers and nuts to hold this assembly in place.
The second plate goes on top of the seat frame, lock washers and 2 wing
nuts to hold the seat in place.

Adjustment is simple, loosen the wing nuts, move the seat to where you
think it might be comfortable, get in and see if it works for you, when
satisfied get out and tighten wing nuts.

I can try to take pictures or make a field trip.
Nelson
The road goes on forever ...