New Member..probably an old question though

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: New Member..probably an old question though
From: "Chris Burdo" <cburdo@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 01:21:10 +0000
Hi,
   My friend and I are in the process of restoring a 63' +4,(with the
useless rear seat..;-)).  We've been working on this car for many years in
between other brit car projects.  We've finally reached a point where we are
installing the interior bits.  After leafing through the vague manuals for
the Morgan I still am having troubles working out how the front seats
attach..I have figured out how the wood runners are attached but what of the
actual seat frame itself. How does it stay attached to the wood runners?   I
have four metal plates, approx. 10"-12" long with to 1/2" holes each.  Two
of them have the holes a wee bit closer together than the other two.  For
the life of me I see no obvious way as to how the metal plates work with the
seat frame.  I also know that the long threaded bolt with the wingnut is
used to move the seat back and forth. I have two of these and assume one
goes to each seat.  Outside of the bits mentioned that's all I have.  Are
these the actual bits for the seat and if so how do that actually work to
attach the seat to the wood runners?  (I've searched in vain through our
parts for this car and see nothing else that loks like it has anything else
to do with the front seats.)  Thanks much for any info you can provide.

Chris, Norwich, CT,
www.burdospeed.com