RE: Seat Belt Question

To: <CHarris990@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Seat Belt Question
From: "Kerry Seibert" <ckchapel@fast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:40:05 -0500
CHUCK - Oh, oh!  Gotta disagree with you pretty strongly here, Chuck.  Years
ago when I was driving a BMW 2002 as my everyday car, I "tangled" (not my
fault) with a rather large dump truck pulling a trailer loaded with a
bulldozer no less.  The car was wasted from stem to stern and about the only
thing that did NOT happen was a rollover.  As I climbed out the sunroof,
folks from a nearby diner came running out expecting to pick me up with a
broom and dustpan.  BUT . . . not a scratch on me . . .SEATBELTS!  In a
Morgan related story, a friend of mine went out for an innocent ride (with
his then-youngster daughter) in his 66 +4.  Blue hair  in a Buick ran a stop
sign and was broadsided by the Moggy.  The Morgan was only fitted with
lapbelts but my friend had no injuries and luckily his daughter had just the
slightest of bloody noses as she just "kissed" the glove box door!  I
certainly respect all car owners and bikers who would wish not to wear
seatbelts/helmets but maybe you should have to sign a waiver/release so I do
not have to pay for YOUR healthcare if you wind up a veg.

Cheers and think Spring! I've had enough of this Winter cr*p already!
Craig Seibert        1968 +8     1961 4/4