squeaks and squonks

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: squeaks and squonks
From: BristolBul@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:40:02 EDT
I hope I don't have to go inside and work on the clutch just to find this
noise in my '61 Plus4. The clutch functioning is just fine. However:

Having pumped loads of grease through the 3 grease fittings for the clutch
pivot and the thrust slider, reworked the clutch linkage rod ends at the
machine shop, for a better fit, put in new clevis pins, and drowned the
clutch linkage in grease and oil, I still have a chorus of squeaks and
squonks whenever I depress or un-depress the clutch pedal. The noise seems
worse since I tried to fix it. It happens whether the car is parked, turned
on or off, or driving. Something is rubbing - who knows what.

Does anyone have an idea as to whether this might be a problem, an incipient
problem, or just something to ignore? Pls advise.

Dave Chappell