RE: Tire jack WHERE TO JACK is important!!!

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tire jack WHERE TO JACK is important!!!
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:17:13 -0800
I think maybe this is one for the GoMoG experts panel.

I may not be using the proper points when I jack up the car. At the front I
put my jack at the middle of the cross tube and then put jack stands on this
tube where it exits the chassis side member. At the rear I actually put a
piece of wood under the very rear cross member and jack at that point. The
thing I believe you most certainly want to avoid is putting a jack under the
chassis side rails with the exception of the mid reinforced jacking points.
The Morgan chassis is relatively frail and I think jacking at the wrong
points could either bend it or break it. Anyway I would love to hear from
the experts on this.

Phil Roettjer
67 +4