Re: Parallel Universe (longish)

To: fkuzyk@cgocable.net, DGreimel@aol.com
Subject: Re: Parallel Universe (longish)
From: RCooperman@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:20:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/99 1:40:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
fkuzyk@cgocable.net writes:

<< If you're content with telegrams, by all means use them. I still have some
 rotary dial phones in the house (that kids can't figure out how they work).
 But please don't be afraid of new ideas or technology. While it may be an
 impossible task to amalgamate all the Mog groups on the continent, let alone
 the world, it can be very easy today to start something with a large mandate
 from scratch - free of all the inherent policy, rules, culture, traditions,
 rituals & politics - of the existing groups. >>

Fred,

I fail to see how a concern about siphoning off Morgan data onto your
unilaterally established web site causes you to view it as an attack on the
advancement of technology.  Broad, rapid and efficient global communication
is clearly where we are going and I embrace that wholeheartedly.  Please do
not assume I am afraid of new technology or I yearn for the simpler good olde
days of smoke signals and messengers on horse back.  My goal is that data
within this ad hoc group flow freely to all corners of the group.  To achieve
this goal we must work together in determining what we as group want and how
best to obtain that goal.  Unilaterally setting up a web site that by its
name purports to represent the universe of Morgan owners does not IMHO help
meet that goal.

As to setting up a new group "free of all the inherent policy, rules,
culture, traditions, rituals & politics - of the existing groups." I dare say
that is impossible if the group allows human members.  This group has its
unwritten and unstated rules, but it does have rules.  It also works well.

Simply put - This group works, we should be careful how we change it and we
should have some loose process for growing the group.

Now let's get back to Morgan stuff.  My dash board has begun to sag a bit and
is rubbing on the driver's side door.  Makes it hard to open and close the
door.  Anyone have a good (ie simple and cheap) solution?

Richard Cooperman
'69 Morgan 4/4 RHD