Re: Thoughts on cooling - again

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thoughts on cooling - again
From: BradFarr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:15:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/99 10:22:53 PM, FPS3@aol.com writes:

>   The temp gage should go to the temperature of the thermostat… and stay
>
>there under ALL driving conditions.

I agree with Fred's statement about relatively constant temperatures, but my
Morgan still has other ideas. On a hot day, the coolant temperature will
climb, particularly in stop and go traffic. It is a Plus 8, 3.9 liter fuel
injection. I installed an aluminum radiator, which helped, but hasn't solved
the problem.

The manual lists ignition timing as 4 degrees +/- 1 degree BTDC. I checked
the timing, it looks like 5 degrees BTDC.
The last smog test results: Idle   HC 34ppm, CO 0%, CO2 14.9%, O2 0%. At 2600
rpm, HC 15ppm, CO 0%, CO2 15.1%, O2 0%.
Are these results too lean? Any other suggestions for things to look at to
make it run cooler?
Thanks in advance,
Brad