Re: MOG-America (was ConMogCon)

To: "Colin Cobb" <cobmeister@zianet.com>,
Subject: Re: MOG-America (was ConMogCon)
From: "F Kuzyk" <fkuzyk@cgocable.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:23:52 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 1999 7:20 PM
Subject: MOG-America (was ConMogCon)

> PS-------
>
> Fred K.... I note that you wish to nominate Ed D. for President. Since the
> President, under the structure I have been discussing, is chosen by the
Board
> of Directors (which is selected by the Chapters) I take it that you are
> actually volunteering to serve on the ad hoc Board so you can nominate Ed
for
> ad hoc president. You volunteering is accepted! Welcome to the Board!
Welcome
> aboard! You are not alone....
>
> Ed D..... Fred K. has nominated you for President. So that you can answer
the
> nomination you will need to be on the Board. You are accepted! Welcome to
the Board!

> Now we're on the move!

Cobbmeister!
Thank you for the honour. It reminds me of the time when a Morganeer was
elected President of another local Healey Club - while he was absent in the
bathroom! Not the best basis for effective governance, but they were
desperate. BUT the people in such positions should be committed to it heart
& soul. "You are not alone", you say?
Does this mean you are serving on the Board? If so, I WILL seriously
consider it. Now we are on the move!

Tell you what, why don't we discuss the concept in a "conference call" like
voice chat (or tech or anything else) on Friday, Aug 13th at 10PM
Toronto-New York time? I'll post the details at the Morgan Sports Cars
International site. Don't know about you but I can talk faster than I can
type! Live keyboard chats were attempted a year or two ago amongst those at
the Team.net British Cars email list. They lasted for a bit. I'm sure the
Morganeers can do much better!

I also offer the services at the new Morgan Sports Car International site
for you & anyone else to help build a MOG-America (North America). Feel free
to post minutes, Constitution, photos, pleas for folk to approach their club
Exec about the idea, the meeting dates, etc. Or to chat with supporters!
It's a start & something concrete. And very welcome.

In any case, I'm glad that I could raise some issues that you hadn't
considered. I know that you are 100% behind the concept without reservation
or hesitation. And a few more people have come forward with support in
response to my ramblings. I hope you appreciate honesty & candour, not just
non-commital support. I too would gladly pay a year or two dues for such a
club but would let someone else do the dirty work and let others take any
flak.

"Go forth & multiply"
Cheers,
Fred Kuzyk

Morgan Sports Cars International
http://mycomm.excite.com/mycomm/browse.asp?cid=.4g3TS2kkNzU
Where the membership is free and anyone in the world can post photos, links,
event dates, articles, discussion, files,
& meet for real-time chat on Morgans!

My Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada site:
http://members.xoom.com/msccc/