Re: Protecting from thiefs

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Protecting from thiefs
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 08:36:15 -0400
At 03:44 PM 8/7/99 -0700, Michael Geluch wrote:

>I have a '69 4/4, does anyone have any suggestions on buying, installing
>or finding a relatively fool proof way of protecting one's car when one
>goes out and about and has to park it some where for an extended period
>of time ?
>
>I hate the look of the 'club' and understand by cutting the steering
>wheel they can be in the car and off in seconds.

Michael,

   Probably the easiest way, is to NOT let the car start!  To that end,
cut the low voltage wire going from the ignition switch to the coil.  Install
a standard (single pole, single throw) toggle switch in line.  Mount it
some place out of the way.  When you get out of the car, turn it off.
No spark - No start.  Less than $5 and 15 minutes of insurance!

   On the down side, if you know how to hot wire a car, the Morgan is
very vanerable with the solenoid on the firewall.  However, if someone
knows the car and wants it, all the have to do is call a tow truck.

How much do you want to spend?

John

 Geluch
>'69 4/4

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org