LONG POST! ConMogCon

Subject: LONG POST! ConMogCon
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:01:47 -0600
Hey Gang,

This is a very long post! If you are not interested in the ConMogCon dialog
please hit your delete key now!

I had intended to wait a full week after my first post for comments to reach
me before posting a response to the many e-mails I have received regarding my
comments on a ConMogCon (or whatever it might eventually be called) but it is
raining here today sooooo.....

Thanks to all of you who took the time to send comments to me. To conserve
bandwidth I will not quote the entirety of those messages but will include
quotes from many of them at the end of this massive missive. Since many of you
e-mailed me privately without a copy to the list I will not identify senders
by name.

First let me say that there were no negative comments at all. None, zero, zip...

One respondent did offer the comment <<  We have basically rejected the
formality and politics inherent in the bigger clubs.  Maybe Morgan owners are
fundamentally independent types... >> but he also offered several reasons why
the ConMogCon concept was good...

Several respondents pointed out that a number of national clubs (MG, Lotus,
and Alfa were specifically mentioned) are organized along similar lines and
are very successful. An English gentleman also pointed out that the Morgan
Sportscar Club in Blighty is organized