Re: Kingpins/Morgan Shake?

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kingpins/Morgan Shake?
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:02:16 -0400
Hi there,
I took the Morgan out for a short test drive today, I got the speed up a
little past 60mph and the front end started to do a dance! This was no minor
shake, it felt like a wheel was about to fall off! Is this the "Morgan
Shake?"
I feel about a quarter inch of play when I grab the tops of the front wheels
and pull back and forth. Are My Kingpins Shot?
If so, would someone be kind enough to walk me through what is involved to
replace them, how long it will take me, and how much it will cost, and if
there if for machine shop work.
As you can tell I am a little despondent. I have been working on this car
every day and night for the past six weeks trying to get it on the road -
now this.

Regards,

Jeff