Re: Wave-and-Flash-Lights-Ranking

To: cqness@worldnet.att.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wave-and-Flash-Lights-Ranking
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 15:22:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/99 14:58:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cqness@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I did make a foray into
 the middle class with a Lotus Europa Twin Cam and then into the rarefied
 class with two original Lotus Elites. >>

With only a thousand or so original Elites ever made, and maybe half of those
still left (the rest sacrificed to the Racing Gods or the Structural
Fiberglas Demons), you would think an Elite would rate pretty high.  Problem
is,  no one ever knows one when they see it.

Is an XKE Series I Roadster higher on the list than an XK-150?  A guy here in
town actually has a 1964 XKE and he actually let me sit in it once. (You can
tell that we are rather provincial here in Brit-car-less Southside Virginia).
 I'm afraid I instinctively act towards XK Jags sort of like Massachusetts
people act towards the Kennedys.  The Kennedys may be drunk, drugged, and
diseased from one year's end to the next, but they're still treated like
royalty up there no matter how dysfunctional they are.  (Hmmm.  The Kennedys
as the Jags of the political world.  Wonder who the Morgans of the political
world are?  Probably Ross Perot or someone).

Now that I have a Morgan, however, I need kowtow to no one below Bentley
status.  My car has just as high a cost-to-usability ratio as anyone's, and I
can talk about the pound exchange rate when I buy parts just like those snobs
with original aluminum Land Rovers......

                                                        Lannis