Re: Front suspension

To: wpels@worldnet.att.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front suspension
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 22:03:32 EDT

<< When my '70 Plus 8 is cold - that is, hasn't been driven in a few days - I
 have to hold my speed down, especially when cornering. If the road has any
 sort of bumpiness at all, the left front wheel will start bouncing, with
 increasing amplitude, until I haul the speed down. After the car warms up -
 say 10 miles or so - it isn't so skittish, but I can still feel a slight
 tendency for that wheel to bounce. >>

Tire flat spotting might be part of the problem.  If you have H or higher
speed rated tires they will have some sort of nylon cap and are often prone
to flat spots.  A bad shock is another possible culprit.

Cheers,

Ken Payne