RE: WATER PUMP

To: HOOGLY@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: WATER PUMP
From: Gerry Willburn <Gerry.Willburn@trw.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 08:16:21 -0700
The ONLY difference between the Triumph water pump and that used on the Plus
4 is the pulley which is exactly as you describe.  Triumph had the fan on
the crankshaft end.  The older water pumps had a tapered shaft with a keyway
for the pulley.  This is what you require.  You just replace the Triumph
pulley with your old one. Some of the newer replacement pumps had the pulley
"pinned" on.  This makes replacement of the pulley more difficult.  Check
with Moss. If they can supply the tapered end shaft, go for it.

Gerry