RE: TAKING OUT A RADIATOR

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TAKING OUT A RADIATOR
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 08:37:07 -0500
Greg,

I'm also an advocate of the 'down and out" approach.

I've noticed from the different responses that the
SNUGNESS of the rad in the cowl varies quite a bit.
(EVERYTHING varies from one Morgan to another).
It might explain why some folks can extract the
unit more easily than others.

One fellow said he could rotate his rad sideways
inside the cowl.  I sure can't.  That baby is wedged
in there so tight, up or down are my only options
with no room for turning the rad about on it's vertical
axis.  I always lose a lot paint and generate lots of
scraping noises on removal (not to mention the cussing)
due to the snugness.

So, down it is, tilting the bottom of the unit towards
the back of the auto as it descends. It ends up with
the front face of the rad flat on the floor with the
top aimed towards the front of the car.

The last time I did this (twice last month) I made a
step-by-step pencil drawing to remind me how to solve
the Chinese puzzle the next time.

Regards,

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ